What is Epigenetics?
The Science of Epigenetics is the study of how lifestyle, habits and environment affect genetic expression.
Scientists used to think that genetic predisposition was fixed, but that all changed with the study of Epigenetics. This powerful science validates that genetic expression can be influenced by lifestyle and environmental changes.
This means that when you give your body the right information… the right nutrition, exercise, and daily habits, you can improve how your body functions at the genetic level!
As a result, epigenetic coaching can give you an individualized, strategic plan that is the true cutting edge of transformation and health optimization.
With the combination of Epigenetics and Functional Health coaching, you receive precise, data driven suggestions that creates a powerful, foolproof lifestyle plan catered uniquely to you!
Nutrigenomics can be broadly described as the relationship between diets, nutrients and gene expression. Using a genetic report by Apeiron Zoh, clients get a detailed look on how their genes affect eating behaviors (such as appetite and satiety, snacking and sweet perception), the processing of macro and micro nutrients, and certain food intolerances (i.e. grain and dairy insensitivities). Clients will receive a macronutrient worksheet that breaks down a recommended macronutrient intake based on the genetic reading.
Sleep is essential to the human system. If sleep is out of balance, the body can’t function properly. Unlike other parts of the reading, genetic predisposition provides the best blueprint to optimize sleep habits. In this portion of the test you will understand:
- Your circadian rhythm and chronotype – When best to sleep.
- Sleep Onset – How you fall asleep.
- Sleep Duration – The amount of time your body needs.
- Sleep Disruption – How easily your body can awake during the night.
- Body Movement – Do you move around while you sleep.
- Melatonin – How your body processes this hormone.
- Caffeine – Understand how your body metabolizes caffeine.
- Grain insensitivity – Adjust your consumptions of grains in order to optimize Gaba production for optimal sleep.
This section helps provide protection from environmental stress by understanding how your body handles Phase 1 (breaking down), Phase 2 (elimination) of detoxification as well as enviro toxin sensitivities. By looking at your genetic predisposition along with adjusting your environment and lifestyle, you can help your body optimize in this area.
Knowing your genetics in relation to exercise can help you make the right choices when trying to become more active. This section of the test is broken down into the following categories:
- VO2 Max – the maximum amount of oxygen a person can use during intense exercise. There are three different categories of VO2 Max: cardiovascular, metabolic, and muscle.
2. Muscle Fatigue – This is the amount of inflammation generated in muscle during exercise. Understanding this area helps determine the appropriate duration and intensity of exercise.
3. Recovery – Recovery is the ability to eliminate inflammation from your muscles. Understanding your genetic propensities in this area can help determine the appropriate amount of rest between work-outs.
4. Strength and Hypertrophy – Strength is your muscles’ ability to generate power and Hypertrophy is your ability to build muscle size. Knowing your Strength/Hypertrophy genetics can help you to strategically plan exercise strategies for optimal muscular growth.
5. Endurance – Endurance genetics focuses on an individuals’s propensity to build muscles that focus on sustained and smaller movements. This is usually geared to individual’s who have muscle fatigue resistance in activities related to athletic performance endurance.
6. Soft Tissue – Knowing your genetic predispositions for Tendon, Ligaments, Cartilage and Lumbar disc can help in strategizing exercise and recovery in order to stay healthy while keeping active.
Benefits of Epigenetic Coaching
Below are some of the benefits of getting Epigenetic Performance Coaching.
Eliminate the guesswork.
DNA sequencing allows us to strategically influence optimal gene expression through healthy lifestyle choices. Understanding your genetic predispositions from a polygenic approach, gives you specific clarity on what lifestyle choices and environmental changes are essential to adapt and thrive.
Taylor your habits to your genes.
During our session we will look at specific genes related to nutrition, sleep, supplementation, exercise, hormones, detox, and stress.
You will leave the session with a clear idea of which habits are most important to change.
Transform faster using precise data.
With your detailed genetic test, you will be able to optimize your health at a much faster rate due to the comprehensive and precise nature of the data. You will leave the initial genetic reading with a “one sheet” of your highest leverage actions.
Receive ongoing support.
With accountability and support, you will be able to overcome the obstacles getting in your way, implement your health plan and live in optimal health.
Meet Your Coach!
My name is Ken Kiser and I am a Functional Health and Epigenetic coach but most importantly I am someone who has transformed my horrible habits of my 20’s and 30’s to living my best health after 40. As a coach, I am not a medical professional. I do not prescribe or diagnose. I am someone who is trained in Lifestyle and Habit change and kept help you reach your Health and Wellness goals.
My journey has fueled my passion to help others (like you!) take control of their health habits. Through using Functional Health Coaching, the precision of Epigenetics and the science of habit change, I help you eliminate stressors, and implement healthy habits that support you to living in optimal health! I have totally changed my life. Let me help you change yours!
How it works:
- Book an initial call.
In this 30 minute complimentary phone call we answer 3 questions: What do I do? What are your needs? Decide which service is best for you.
- If you choose Epigenetic Coaching:
You will do the genetic testing with Apeiron ZOH. Results take 3 to 6 weeks.
- After the results are back, we will meet for a two hour reading. After the meeting, you will receive a detailed, written recap of your results as well as a “one sheet” of your highest leveraged actions. Additional follow-up sessions are recommended and discussed in the initial consultation based on needs.
Let’s get started today!
Book a free consultation and let’s see how I can help!